pandabrrbooks

Pandabearbooks

I love a great world with relatable characters who seem realistic, even if they are fantastical.

City of Ashes
J.K. Rowling
Bridget Jones: Elämäni sinkkuna
Helen Fielding, Sari Karhulahti

Ready Player One

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline I'll give this one a solid three and a half stars. Not as good as I expected, but in hindsight that's more than likely because Ready Player One is a YA book and I didn't realize this before hand, so certain aspects that I found juvenile I would probably have enjoyed had I read this as a teenager.

What I most enjoyed about this book was OASIS itself. The idea of isn't completely new, but I still liked it. I wouldn't mind living it either. The constant eightes references made me wanna look up TV-shows and movies I haven't watched in ages and listen to music I haven't ever really been that drawn to.

Despite not being that impressed by the characters or some of the plot (everything was just a little too easy for my liking) the story still managed to keep me reading well past midnight to find out how the hunt eventually ended. So all in all a good book, just not a great one for me.